Green tea is one of the major cash crops cultivated across the globe. You can shop for numerous options available for green tea because of the growing environments, cultivation, production processing, and season of harvest.
With the momentum and benefits attached to the consumption of green tea, it is now cultivated widely in Turkey, Sri Lanka, Kenya, India, and China. Why is there so much of buzz around Green tea consumption?
You want to know an easy source as a powerhouse of antioxidants. Well! Its green tea packed with overall goodness in one single product. Free radicals are a by-product of food turned into energy. These free radicals are the major cause of concern worldwide because it is a major cause of cancer.
Free radicals damage cells in our body leading to various health issues including aging. These free radicals can be arrested for the consumption of antioxidants which green tea benefits include.
Detailed researches and studies have led to the conclusion that the consumption of green tea on a daily basis has lots of positives attached to it. Some of the main benefits to consider are fighting viruses, helping prevent cancer, preventing inflammation, helping with allergies, and weight loss.
Green tea contains l-theanine, and l-theanine reliever of anxiety and helps your brain to relax. A vast range of benefits of green tea is summed up briefly for you.
Proven Benefits of Green Tea that You Should Know
Green Tea Health Benefits
1. Health benefits of green tea majorly include lowering down chances of some types of cancers; because it is an active source of antioxidants. Studies are suggesting that women who consume green tea regularly reduce chances of getting breast cancer by 20%-30%.
2. Amongst men prostate cancer is most common but with the consumption of green tea, it can be reduced by 48%. Third very common colorectal cancer can be reduced by 42% with the regular consumption of green tea.
3. Regular consumption of green tea proves as a stimulant for short-term; in the long run, it protects brain cells from getting damaged. Most common neurodegenerative disease in humans is Alzheimer’s disease, a major cause of dementia.
4. Parkinson’s disease is the second most deadly the disease involving the death of dopamine-producing neurons in the brain. Catechin compounds in green tea provide a shield from damage to neurons, reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
5. For your shining teeth and oral dental health green tea has good news to offer. It kills bacteria and diminishes bad breath. Due to the absence of milk in the tea, the lactose absence also does not leave a slimy after effect post green tea consumption.
6. Catechins in green tea can control the growth of Streptococcus mutans (bacteria responsible for the growth of plaque).
7. Type-II Diabetes patients can consume green tea regularly as studies show that it improves insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels. Before the onset of diabetes, if you develop a taste for green tea, it lowers the risk of falling into the diabetic category by 42%. This is so because green tea stimulates metabolism and the pancreas can release more insulin for the digestion of food. Inculcate physical activity in your daily routine as any form of exercise to reduce the risk of diabetes, heart attack, obesity, blood pressure, etc.
Green Tea Benefits for Skin
1. Green tea has anti-aging properties because of the presence of Polyphenols anti-oxidant. It helps in protecting the cells and reduces the damage caused to cells by free radicals. Making you look young, glowing, and feel good from inside.
2. Green tea consumption stimulates metabolism and regulates bowels. These are directly connected with the skin reflection on top. It helps in reducing blemishes, acne, and pimples common skin concerns of all ages.
3. You can soak green tea bags in the warm water later take it out and refrigerate it for 5-7 minutes put them on your eyes for some time to reduce puffiness, make your eyes look fresh and feel fresh.
4. Dab a cotton ball in cooled green tea and apply it on face and neck as a toner for all skin types. Its regular usage will close the open pores and reduces oil on the surface of the skin. You can make green tea and store in the fridge to use it as a toner for a longer duration of time.
5. Add few green tea leaves to your regular face mask, let it dry for 15-20 minutes then rub your skin in circular motions to allow the leaves to exfoliate dead skin and dirt from the face easily.
Green Tea Benefits for Hair
Aiming for lustrous, healthy, bouncy, shiny long hair, well it’s no more a dream. A little amount of persistence and perseverance you can get that bounciness on your scalp.
1. Green tea benefits for hair include the presence of a major game changer antioxidant “EGCG” (or epigallocatechin gallate) responsible for hair growth. So here you have a reason to include those two cups of green tea in your morning and evening routine.
2. It helps in the stimulation of blood circulation in the scalp to promote hair growth. Direct application of cooled green tea extracts in your roots can stimulate the growth and help reducing dandruff with the presence of antioxidant properties.
3. Green tea leaves can also be included in your hair packs to extract the goodness of hair growth.
Green Tea Benefits for Weight Loss
1. The presence of antioxidants in green tea does the magic again. Green tea benefits for weight loss are scientifically proven to show great results.
2. Consumption of green tea increases the metabolic rate and helps in fat oxidation by 17%. It increases the stamina from physical as well as mental aspect.
3. Flavonoids and caffeine present in green tea stimulate weight loss. On an average daily consumption of 2.5 cups is good enough to lose ounces overall, you do not have to go overboard to reduce weight quickly.
4. Market survey report states that Matcha green tea is the richest green tea source of nutrients and antioxidants.
Benefits of green tea are endless and do wonders for your health. To experience all the aforesaid benefits of green tea, then you might consider it to incorporate into your daily regime.
Though there are lots of varieties to pick from. Must to acknowledge that the brewing method will have a great emphasis on the goodness you sip. Thus pick any green tea from the market or online and rest assured that you are going to get benefit from this magic beverage at all cost and all times.