International Yoga Day, sometimes also referred as Yoga Day has been celebrated on 21st June ever since it’s formation on December 11 in 2014. Every year, International Yoga day is celebrated across the world to spread the awareness about the importance of yoga and health benefits it can provide.
Nowadays, Yoga has become a popular form of calisthenics contributing to fitness, healthy body and mind of millions. Starting with helping in weight loss to relieving stress, there are several health benefits of yoga.
As it has been said “Yoga is not a religion. It is a way of living that leads towards a healthy body and healthy mind”. The benefits of Yoga are not confined only till physical level, it also unites the body, mind, and breath in order to bring inner harmony.
Now when you know that yoga works beyond weight loss, know the importance of yoga in your daily life.
Importance of Yoga – Why You Should do Yoga Every day?
The ultimate goal of yoga is to help people in self-attaining enlightenment. While the various forms of exercises assure the physical well-being, yoga helps with the development of the spiritual body. Read on to know more about it.
1. Practicing yoga every day increases self-awareness.
2. It enhances personal power to perform and think.
3. Practicing yoga promotes self-healing which ultimately helps in bringing positive out of you.
4. Yoga improves concentration and attention, thus, you feel more focused towards your work/studies.
5. It helps you find the equilibrium point of negatives and harmony.
6. Yoga helps you to reduce stress and tension consequently making you feel rejuvenated and energized.
Health Benefits of Practicing Yoga
1. One of the prominent health benefits of yoga is that it keeps you physically fit, mentally strong, improves strength, and detoxify the body.
2. It ultimately helps you to lose weight. There are various types of yoga for beginners and for experienced practitioners as well. You need to find out what works best for your body type.
3. Yoga helps you to get rid of stress keeping you active and joyful entire day. The best part is you don’t have to perform it using equipments hence, it helps you stay fit while traveling as well.
4. There are various types of yoga and few of them help in improving immunity by massaging the organs.
5. Practicing yoga increases flexibility. Regular practice stretches the muscles and tones the body while making it strong, flexible and, supple.
6. It gives you that me and lone time to find the inner peace which you must have given yourself way back to calm a disturbed mind. Meditating 10-15 minutes every day can drastically change brain chemistry.
A lot of us keep on asking ourselves how to stay fit in this busy lifestyle? Well, I just gave an answer to that. Benefits of yoga are beyond weight loss. You just need to incorporate it into your daily lifestyle. This International Yoga Day, know the importance of yoga and take a pledge to keep yourself healthy.