Scrubbing is essential for your skin, more essential than you actually think. There is a scientific process which states that your skin sheds a large number of dead cells every hour and they are replenished in a day or so with new ones replacing them. Scrubbing helps in keeping the pores clean and lets the cells remain bright and makes your skin appear lustrous and bright.
Not all scrubs are pocket-friendly and perfect for skin. But, homemade scrubs are just the most pocket-friendly and effective solution to most skin problems. DIY homemade face scrubs don’t need much effort for preparation. Since all ingredients are natural; thus, no harsh reactions are expected on the skin.
So here are some effective homemade face scrubs that not only help rejuvenate but also make your skin glowing like never before.
8 Best Homemade Face Scrubs for Glowing Skin
1. A homemade body scrub with sea salt and olive oil with just a hint of your favorite essential oil is just the perfect solution for exfoliation of your skin and to improve blood circulation. It makes you look bright and takes away all weariness from your skin. Use this scrub twice or thrice a week for best results.
2. Not just salt but you can make homemade face scrubs by taking the same ingredients and replacing salt with sugar. Massage this mixture on your skin in circles for around ten minutes and wash off using slightly warm water. Do remember not to heat the olive oil as it will lead to the melting of the sugar which then ruins the idea of the scrub. This is the best scrub to rejuvenate your skin especially if it appears dull.
3. Yogurt is a boon for both our internal and external body. Take some yogurt and mix it with olive oil, honey, and some sugar crystals. Use this scrub thrice a week for about ten minutes each and get clean skin with no dead cells. It also helps in retaining moisture, hydrates the skin and makes it look healthy.
4. Just make a thick paste from white sugar, brown sugar, olive oil and a pinch of vanilla extract. Using circular massaging motions apply this paste on your clean skin. Wash it off using warm water. It wonderfully nourishes your skin and also makes it look healthy and vibrant.
5. Turmeric’s skin benefits are not new for us, right? It not only adds a glow to your face but also acts as a great scrub if you combine it with sugar and oil. Just massage it nicely on your skin and rinse off. It will provide you with clear, glowing skin and exfoliate your pores as well. The antiseptic properties of turmeric work best for acne prone skin and protect it from other issues as well.
6. We all are aware that lemon is a perfect de-tanning agent for our body and sugar is the best exfoliator. If we combine these two wonderful ingredients, this scrub can do wonders to your skin. It will add youthful fairness, you will get rid of all tanning, and your skin will appear rejuvenated and bright at all times. Use this scrub about 3 times a week regularly for best results. Also, not to forget the acidic nature of lemon helps in maintaining the apt pH of your skin.
7. Take some coffee, add sugar, oil and some vitamin E capsules and your DIY homemade scrub is ready to use. The antioxidant content of coffee along with the benefits of other products of the mixture help your skin bask in the beauty of bright and new skin cells as the dead cells will be removed in the process leaving you looking fresh and bright. This scrub also helps in fighting cellulite damage done to your skin.
8. Not just sea salt but adding Epsom salt to olive oil and the massaging it on your skin also works as a great homemade body scrub. It helps in smoothening any roughness on your skin providing you with silky smooth skin. Some regular users of this scrub swear by its ability to ease your tensions and calming your stress. Further, this DIY homemade face scrub is also helping medically by lowering your blood pressure, calming any sore body parts and it also works as a muscle relaxant.
Homemade scrubs are the perfect way to enjoy the goodness of scrubbing without any harsh chemicals. The above-mentioned scrubs can easily be made without much effort, and their regular use will surely help you fetch some fantastic compliments from the people around you.
Become the talk of the town with a beautiful and well-nourished skin without going for expensive treatments. Do make sure that you do use these homemade face scrubs for at least 4 weeks regularly to realize the changes. It is just a way of nourishment for your skin which takes time to settle and show its complete effects.