For my whole life, I just had one question for me – “Why does my hair growth have to take so long?” And anyone who is desperate to grow their hair just like me can agree to this point. Sitting and waiting for your hair to grow is the most annoying task I have successfully completed in my life.
A lot of us also have multiple hair problems as well apart from hair growth. Dandruff issue and hair fall top the list and most of us keep on trying different hair fall shampoos or home remedies to get rid of dandruff. Pampering your hair with the required nourishment is a sure shot way to grow hair naturally. However, there are still a lot of unheard tricks that can do wonders for your hair.
Beer is one of the 3rd most consumed alcoholic drink in the world. Did you know that it’s a kind of wonder potion for your hair? Yes, you read it right; beer for hair growth! It comes loaded with vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients that play a prominent role in keeping your hair healthy.
Now let’s get a bit more deeper and know the benefits of beer for hair and how does beer help hair grow.
Benefits of Washing Hair with Beer
1. The beer has two most basic ingredients; malt and hops. These ingredients are full of proteins that provide strength to damaged hair cuticles.
2. According to some research, the beer contains silica which is a mineral known to add the volume to your hair. Thus making your hair look more fuller, thicker and volumized.
3. The beer conditions your hair while maintaining the pH levels of your scalp. That eventually helps in keeping scalp flake, dirt, and oil free.
4. The beer benefits don’t end here. The active ingredients such as B Vitamins and natural sugar also adds shine to your hair and improve hair texture as well.
5. Along with minerals and Vitamins, the beer contains sucrose and maltose sugars that not only enhance shining but also makes hair cuticles strong.
6. The beer is a great cleansing agent that closes the hair shaft thus making your hair less frizzy and oily.
How to Use Beer for Hair Growth?
DIY Beer Rinse
This beer DIY is for those people who don’t mind adding extra volume to the hair. The bubbles beer have aren’t just for show. The beer has the active malt content which makes hair shinier and soft.
1. Leave the open beer overnight or for a couple of hours if you are in a hurry so that it goes flat.
2. Follow the regular cleaning routine; wash your hair with a mild shampoo followed by a good conditioner.
3. Now saturate your hair with flat beer while massaging gently so it goes into your scalp.
4. Wait for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.
5. You can repeat the process once in a week to see effective results.
DIY Beer Mask for Hair
The beer mask is ideal for people who have dry to normal hair type as the regular beer rinse might make your hair dry initially. The ingredients used in the mask are extremely moisturizing in nature and help to restore the shine and lock nourishment. This hair mask also improves scalp health and promote healthy hair growth.
1. To make this mask you will need a half cup of flat beer, 1 mashed banana, 1 tablespoon of honey, and egg yolk.
2. Blend all the ingredients together to form a smooth consistency.
3. Apply the paste gently all over the scalp and strands while massaging it into your roots.
4. Once you’ve soaked your hair in the mixture, cover them using a shower cap to avoid the mess and leave it for an hour.
5. Wash your hair with regular shampoo and tada! Say hello to your rejuvenated lustrous locks.
6. Repeat the process once a week for maximum results.
Beer and Apple Cider Vinegar
Beer is a great cleansing agent and mixing it with apple cider vinegar doubles the effect. Both have acidic properties that maintain pH levels and help in getting rid of the greasy and oily scalp. This combination not only prevents hair follicles clogging but also keep scalp fresh and healthy.
1. To use this DIY beer for hair you will need 1 cup of flat beer and 1/4th cup apple cider vinegar.
2. Follow the regular cleaning routine and wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
3. Once done, pour the beer and apple cider vinegar mixture through your hair.
4. Massage it into your roots and hair for about 15 minutes and then wait for 20-30 minutes.
5. Rinse the mixture out of your hair with lukewarm water.
Hair growth is a concern for many and it might take forever. But no more with the above-mentioned DIY beer remedies for hair. However, like everything else, moderation is the key. Excessive usage of beer can strip away the natural oils and can dry out your hair. Also, always use flat beer as the alcohol content of beer can be harmful to dry hair.
Have you ever used beer for hair? If yes, please tell us about your experience in the comment section below.