Triund is known as a trekker’s delight and why it wouldn’t be? It is one of the easiest and safest treks for beginners and has an unambiguous pathway which goes through hence you don’t need a guide as well. But most of you always distress yourself thinking what stuff to pack and what not to for trekking. Hence, I am sharing a curated list of things to carry while traveling to Triund by my personal experience. What you need to pack for trekking depends on the season you are traveling in, but this list can be altered according to your preferences.
Things to Carry While Traveling to Triund
Tools & Resources
- Headlamp or torch is a must have tool for camping, and since there is no electricity at the camping area, you will rely a lot on it.
- A multi-tool knife for any unexpected situation.
- Matchstick box/ lighter
- Bag pack cover
- Medicines such as painkillers (prescribed by the doctor), insect repellent and a pain relief ointment.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses are must-have if you aren’t traveling during monsoon.
- A comprehensive kit which has toothpaste, toilet paper, paper soap and hand sanitizer.
- You won’t feel much cold while trekking in a bright sunny day but the temperature may drop down remarkably during the night so do carry an extra woolen which can withstand -2-degree temperature.
- Keep an extra pair of warm socks as they might get wet during the rain and spending time in wet socks can be dangerous.
- Balaclava and gloves are often forgotten, but these might come handy for a comfortable winter night.
- Buy use and throw plastic raincoats if you are traveling during monsoon. It won’t add much of weight and can also be used as bag pack cover.
Carry quick bites along
- Even if the meal is easily available, I will suggest you carry some dry fruits, energy bars, dark chocolates, and biscuits.
- Don’t put stress your bag pack by putting energy drinks; you will get plenty of them throughout the trek.
- Please keep in mind whatever you put in the bag pack you will have to carry it on your own so be weight sentient. Avoid taking unnecessary clothes and stuff other than regular one hence you will feel less exhausted while trekking.
- Start trekking as early as you can so you don’t miss on picturesque sunset.
- Avoid going on weekends if you don’t want to be a part of the rabble.
A change in your surroundings always helps in reenergizing yourself and maintain sanity. Triund trek is one such place that can be planned either with friends or the family as the difficulty level is moderate. With the above-mentioned list of things to carry while traveling to Triund you surely would have an everlasting and smooth trekking trip.
“When the wind calls, you know, somewhere in the mountains has found the answers that you were looking for. The pull of the horizon overcomes the inertia of reason…And you just have to go.”