Someone has agreeably said that a beautiful face is a silent commendation. This holds true often. That’s why Glowing skin is something that tops every woman’s wish list after all this is one of the main elements of your personality. A lot of you spend day and night thinking how to get glowing skin without considering existing home remedies for glowing skin.
Who will be stupid enough to devote to those pricey instant glow creams when you have the key of so many magic ingredients available just few steps away; Yes right, in your kitchen folks! I rely mostly on natural remedies along with eating right. Yes friends, no matter how hard you hit the gym or how frequent you try these remedies at home if you are not paying attention to your diet then you probably might not get the desired results. Here I have put together few home remedies for glowing skin which I have tried myself and will help you too without a shadow of the doubt.
1. Aloe Vera Gel to Get Glowing Skin
You just don’t call Aloe Vera “The Plant of Immortality” for no reason. This is also known as “Ghritkumari” in Hindi can perform wonders for your skin. Aloe Vera gel comprises powerful antioxidants and antibacterial properties which not only prevents signs of aging but also ideal for dealing with pimples and acne problems. It also increases the water content in your skin, keeps it hydrated for long without making it greasy. The beauty of the plant is it can be used in any form; you can use it directly from the leaf, you can also make the gel out it.
If used consistently, this is one of the most effective yet easy home remedies for glowing skin.
How to use:
- Take out a spoon full of fresh Aloe Vera gel from the leaf in a bowl. Beat it till texture becomes applicable. You can mix few drops of lemon if tanning is your concern. Apply this texture on the affected area, leave it for 10 minutes and rinse it off with cold water.
- You can also make a paste having a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey. Mix it well and apply the paste on the face and neck. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. These home remedies for glowing skin helps in getting the natural glow on your face.
2. Milk Cream Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Milk cream, widely known as Malai in the Indian households. It might not be a favorite edible ingredient due to the fat it has but incorporating it into your regular beauty routine can do the miracle for your skin. Our moms and grandmoms have been using it to get glowing skin naturally and to be honest, they still have fewer skin problems than us.
Milk Cream contains lactic acid which is capable of exfoliating dry skin and an excellent moisturizer. It has all the nutrients, proteins, fat, vitamins and some minerals that are beneficial for skin. There could be nothing better than milk cream that could make your skin glow.
How to use:
- Take milk cream in a bowl and mix it will a few drops of lemon. Apply the mixture on your face and neck and keep it for 20 minutes. Next step is taking steam for 5 minutes and wipe off your face with a wet towel. Repeat this procedure 3-4 times a week to get desired results. Milk cream softens your skin, steam opens the pores and sheds the dead skin resulting in a pink glowing skin.
- If you have dry skin, this milk cream face pack is something you need to incorporate into your beauty regime. Mix milk cream with besan put few drops of almond oil and apply it to your skin. Let it be there for 25-30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
These milk cream home remedies for glowing skin nourishes the skin, fights skin dryness and is a natural moisturizer that keeps your skin soft and brings out the natural glow.
3. Use Coconut Oil Home Remedies for Glowing Skin in One Day
Coconut oil is excellent as a skin cleanser and works best for the dry and lifeless skin. It has caprylic and lauric fatty acids which reduce inflammation and deeply moisturizes the skin making coconut oil a great solution for all types of skin. Coconut oil has natural antimicrobial properties since it has lauric acid which kills acne-causing bacteria which helps in having a glowing skin.
It lubricates healthy skin cells, breaks down dead cells, heals acne and what not. Coconut oil skin benefits are countless in numbers so try below-mentioned coconut oil face masks for glowing skin.
How to use:
- Lightly warm up the oil, make sure it is lukewarm and apply on the face and neck area. Massage gently with your fingertips for few minutes and leave it overnight. Repeat the process 5 times a week if you have super dry skin just like me, you will notice the difference in a week if applied regularly.
- If you have oily skin, pour 2 spoons warm coconut oil in a mixing bowl, add 1/2 spoon of lemon juice and mix it thoroughly. Apply the thick coating on your face and neck, let it be there for 15 minutes then rinse it with lukewarm water and pat dry afterward.
4. Turmeric Powder Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Turmeric, commonly known as ‘Haldi’ in India, has been used as an essential beauty ingredient for centuries. It not only the imperative spice of the kitchen but turmeric also has a lot of skin benefits too. Turmeric possesses antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help in curing acne and breakouts to give your skin natural glow.
It also produces collagen ( a protein found in skin), it’s what helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells. Here are few turmeric face masks to get glowing skin instantly.
How to use:
- Take 2 tablespoons of besan, 1 teaspoon turmeric and make a thick paste by adding raw milk. Apply the mixture on your face and neck and massage gently for few minutes. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and rinse it with regular water. Combining these ingredients all together makes it a great exfoliator and one of the easy home remedies for glowing skin.
- Mix a tablespoon of turmeric with honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix the ingredients well and apply the thick paste on your face. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off the residue with normal water. Turmeric is said to lighten pigmentation and even out skin tone and lemon being a source of vitamin E, helps clear the blemishes.
5. Honey Face Masks to Get Glowing Skin Instantly
Honey is another old fashioned yet powerful ingredient to regain your skin’s glow. It comprises skin saving antioxidants and antibacterial properties which help in acne and aging. It is also a great moisturizer, so it helps create a glow and boost complexion as well.
How to use:
- Take a tablespoon of raw honey, add a dash of cinnamon and mix it well until the ingredients dissolve properly. Apply the combination on your skin and neck area to get even skin tone. Let it be there for 15 minutes and wash off the residue with your favorite cleanser or lukewarm water.
- Take a tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; put them together in a mixing bowl and blend it till it takes a consistent form. Clean your face, apply the paste on your face and neck section and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Both the components work as natural bleacher which makes skin radiant instantly and boost complexion.
6. Use Papaya for Glowing Skin
Papaya has been on top of in the list of my favorite fruits in any season, and there is a reason. Papaya is not only known for weight loss, but it also helps in rejuvenating skin to provide you a glowing complexion. This wonder fruit is loaded with papain and vitamin A; papain deals with dead skin cells while vitamin A works as an antioxidant and helps in preventing premature aging.
How to use:
- Simply mash a piece of ripe papaya with the help of a fork. Massage your face with papaya mixture for few minutes and let it stay for 15 minutes. Rinse the residue with lukewarm water and finally with cool water. Use this remedy on alternate days for best results.
- Take a mixing bowl, mash ripe papaya and add a tablespoon of honey. Blend the mixture well to get a paste like consistency and apply the mask on your face. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly with cold water. This papaya face mask removes the top layer of dead skin cells and makes your skin radiant and younger looking.
7. Saffron/Kesar Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Saffron has been a royal beauty ingredient for centuries and still is. Often known as “Kesar” in Hindi it is a popular spice and an expensive one too. It is anti-bacterial in nature and has excellent natural skin lightening properties. I know even the small quantity of kesar is very expensive, but it is really effective in long term and a proven home remedy for glowing skin instantly.
How to use:
- Soak a few strands of saffron in honey, put some rose water to make it more applicable. Leave the mixture for some time to get the essence of saffron. Apply the pack on your face and neck for even skin tone, keep it for 20 minutes before washing it. Honey hydrates the skin and saffron’s healing properties removes blemishes and bring the glow back to the skin. – Take a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and add 2-3 strands of saffron. Apply this pack on face and keep it for 10 minutes before washing it with cold water.
- Soak a few saffron in milk for good 2-3 hours to let the milk soak the goodness of saffron. Apply this solution on the face in the night before you sleep and wash it next morning. Regular use of this saffron face mask will not only improve and brighten your skin tone but will also make it glow like never before.
8. Rice Flour to Get Glowing Skin
Another ingredient from the kitchen rice flour which is one of the most efficient ways to get glowing skin. It is a great UV protectant, soothes sunburn and prevents skin from sun tan. Rice flour exfoliates the skin, removes dead cell resulting in a smooth, clean and spot free glowing skin.
How to use:
- Mix some rice flour with milk to form a thick paste and apply on your face and neck portion. Let it be there for 15 minutes, moist the residue and massage gently for few minutes. Rince it with cold water and pat dry your skin.
- Take a tablespoon of curd in a mixing bowl, add a tablespoon of rice flour and a teaspoon of honey. Combine the ingredients and mix it well to get a paste like consistency. Apply the mask on your face and neck while massaging and wait to dry completely. Later, gently rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat the procedure at least once in a week to get the desired results.
9. Use Tomato Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
From reducing acne to treat large pores, skin benefits of tomato aren’t disguised. It removes tan, cut out oil, shrink large pores, lightens the blemishes and improves complexion. Who would have thought a simple vegetable from your kitchen could be so rich in the beauty regime!
How to use:
- Oily skin? Mix tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon and cucumber juice and apply on face and neck using a cotton ball. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Take a slice of tomato, rub it all over your face and neck area. Keep it for an hour, later rinse it with cold water. Tomato has natural bleaching properties which help in getting lighter skin tone with the natural glow.
10. Banana Face Mask Home Remedies for Glowing Skin
Banana is a great source of many nutrients such as vitamin A, B, C and minerals like manganese, zinc, iron and potassium. Hence, being rich in vitamins, banana also promotes healthy and glowing skin if used regularly. This delicious fruit deeply nourishes and smoothes rough as well as aging skin.
How to use:
- Mash a ripe banana properly else it won’t stick on the face, add 2-3 drops of olive oil and mix it well. Apply the paste, let it sit for 20 minutes and rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Mash a half ripe banana, mix with a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with cold water. Repeat the procedure twice a week to get the glowing skin.
It is said that beauty is the confidence that you wear on your face, & you would probably need those catalyzes to attain it. Try the above combinations to boost up the confidence level.
You don’t need to spend your hard earned money on expensive beauty products if you follow these tips to get glowing skin. Certainly aforementioned significant home remedies for glowing skin will lend a helping hand but understand “water is the key”. It hydrates the body and removes excess oil and dirt so it is advisable to drink as much water as you can to flush out the impurities of your body.
Disclaimer: Before using above mentioned remedies, make sure your skin isn’t allergic to any of these ingredients by doing a patch test.